Additional help to support you to learn with us

If you have a health concern or disability that could affect your learning, please let us know. We can give you support to help you complete your course successfully. We would like to give you the support you need as soon as possible, so please give as much information as you can when you book on your course. You can also speak to your lecturer or centre staff at any time during your course. Your lecturer will help you identify how the course content, equipment and materials can be adapted to meet your needs.

Learner Support Fund

The Learner Support Fund is for low paid learners who are equally likely to experience financial hardship as those who are unemployed.


To apply you must be resident in the borough and receiving working tax credits.

What help with costs is available?

  • The fund can help with the following:
  • Exam / accreditation costs
  • The fund will pay up to 70% of course fees
  • Equipment/materials
  • Set Text Books
  • Childcare

More information about the Learner Support Fund.

We can provide a range of equipment such as

  • Brailing machines
  • Computer hardware and software
  • Hearing loops
  • Magnifiers

We can provide support staff, for example

  • Communicators
  • Learning Support Assistants
  • Support can also include help with
  • Computer skills
  • Dyslexia support
  • English for Speakers of other Languages (ESOL)
  • Numeracy
  • Study skills
  • Writing – for example for course work
  • Computer skills


The Service has access to a small amount of funding that can be used to contribute towards the fees of an Ofsted registered childcare provider for some learners attending certain government approved courses with us.

This is a very flexible option, enabling the service to help parents and carers with childcare in the evenings and weekends as well as during the weekdays.

Funding is for childcare for children below the age of two who meet the criteria to receive the Free Early Education Entitlement once their child reaches the age of two years.

You may be eligible for this help if you have children receiving Free School Meals or if you currently receive Working Tax Credit and have a household income between £20,963 to £25,000 and you live in London or a household income between £17,004 to £25,000 and you live out of London.

To find out if you are eligible for this option, please contact us.