Connecting people with jobs is one of Waltham Forest Council’s top priorities. Job fairs are one way the Council is supporting unemployed residents to get jobs.
- Upcoming jobs festivals (JobsFest), job fairs and events
- Local employers: vacancies and contacts from job fairs and events
- Recent job fairs and events
- Free virtual job fairs 2021
- Skills, free job clubs and help to get a job
Upcoming jobs festivals (JobsFest), job fairs and events
Saturday 26 February 2022: Wood Street Jobs Fair
This is a free event where you’ll have access to some of the most exciting jobs in construction, NHS and Hospitality. Plus the chance to get CV advice and 1 to 1 coaching to improve your chances at getting the job you want.
Employers include: NHS Barts Health Whipps Cross, Evolve Hospitality, Aston Group, McDonalds.
You will also be welcome to attend the presentations talk which will be held throughout the jobs fair.
- 10:45am – Steps into Work – Support into employment
- 11:30am – Aston Group – Working in Construction
- 12:45pm – NHS Barts Health – Working in the NHS
- 1:00pm – Evolve Hospitality – Working in Hospitality
- 1:15pm – McDonald’s Opportunities and Progression
Book your place today!
- When: Sat, 26 February 2022 – 10:00am – 14:00pm GMT
- Where: Wood Street Library, 1 Troubridge Square, Walthamstow, London, E17 3GN
- Cost: Free but you have to book your place
- Register: Book your free place at the Wood Street Jobs Fair
Our next event is being planned. In the meantime, for current vacancies in Waltham Forest, check our local jobs listing.
Local employers: vacancies and contacts from job fairs and events
Hospitality, events and culture jobs
- Arte e Pasta / Caterer.com / Create Jobs Kickstart Scheme
- Delaware North / Fellowship Foods / Fitness First / Homies on Donkeys
- McDonald’s / Mosaic Pub & Dining / Nando’s / Oishi Don at Tavern on the Hill
- Signature Brew / Soho Theatre / Stonegate Pub Group
- Truman’s Social Club / Turtle Bay / Wagamama / Waltham Forest Council
Recent job fairs and events
Waltham Forest Construction JobsFest.
Whether construction is in your DNA, or you’ve never considered it for a career, our JobsFest offers you access to some of the most exciting jobs in construction. The event will be at the London Academy of Sustainable Construction (LASC) in Leytonstone in partnership with Simian Risk (experts in scaffolding consultancy).
Many of the biggest local employers in construction and the built environment will have stalls at our JobsFest. There will be live jobs, apprenticeships, and work placements on offer from more than 25 employers.
We will also have demos, workshops, talks and CV sessions. You’ll get the chance to try immersive learning headsets and robots used in construction.
You can also connect with Women in Construction, who help support women into well-paid, good jobs in the industry.
Peabody jobs and apprenticeships fair.
This free online jobs and apprenticeships fair by Peabody included workshops on CVs, jobs and interviews. Attendees could join webinars on jobs in areas such as hotels, tech and IT, horticulture, construction, administration and customer service. There were also presentations from top employers.
London Green Jobs Fair (16–25 year olds).
London Wildlife Trust’s free Green Jobs Fair was an event for young residents who want to work in the environment and green sector. It was held on Friday 15 October 2021 at Walthamstow Wetlands. Opportunities included current vacancies, paid traineeships, and apprenticeships in the sector; a CV surgery; speed-meets with potential employers; and taster activities like practical nature conservation and how to lead a guided walk.
Hospitality and Culture JobsFest.
Waltham Forest Council’s free Hospitality and Culture JobsFest was on Thursday 23 September 2021 at Truman’s Social Club (London E17 6AL). It was a fun lively evening with free jobs help and information from employers about working in hospitality and culture.
Free virtual job fairs 2021
We held several free virtual job fairs in 2021. Each job fair included current vacancies, apprenticeships and tips for working in a wide range of sectors including childcare, education, construction, hospitality, property services, transport, security, energy and the civil service.
Skills, free job clubs and help to get a job
At Employment, Business and Skills, we offer free support for businesses and residents. Job fairs and events are one way that we are helping Waltham Forest residents. To find out more about how we can help you, please complete our jobs help contact form.
Job clubs and skills courses
You can get one-to-one expert advice at our free Job Clubs. You can also take one of our hundreds of courses to learn new skills and gain a nationally recognised certificate to boost your CV. Find out more on our job skills and help page.