Would you like to be able to speak English with more confidence? Join a free English Conversation Club!
Short video about our English Conversation Clubs
Join a free English Conversation Club
Our free English Conversation Clubs are led by trained volunteers. You can practise speaking English in a relaxed group.
We usually have clubs on different days and in different centres and libraries in Waltham Forest. When our centres are closed, our clubs are online.
We have clubs almost every day (Monday to Saturday). To join a club, please complete our online booking form.
Become a volunteer (free accredited training)
At our free five-week training course, you will learn how to support groups of adults who have English as a second language. We have courses throughout the year.
Our volunteer training course is accredited by City & Guilds. You will be working towards the Level 3 Award in Supporting Learning.
Who can do this training
- This opportunity is open to adults of any background, who would like to volunteer to run informal English Conversation Clubs for non-English speaking adults in the borough of Waltham Forest.
- To complete the course and gain the Level 3 City & Guilds, you will also need to be able to write confidently.
- You also need to have excellent communication skills; be able to get on with a diverse group of people; and commit to supporting an English Conversation Club after your course finishes.
Volunteering training: our next courses
Blended learning: classes will be online as well as at our Queens Road Learning Centre (97 Queens Road, Walthamstow E17 8QR). For online sessions, you will receive access information after you have successfully enrolled.
How to enrol
- Email us for a volunteer application pack: email@example.com
- Complete and send us your application form.
For more information about our Conversation Clubs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8496 1130.