Be more confident and gain skills for work or to help your family and friends: study English and maths
- From beginners to GCSE English and maths
- What our learners say
- Careers and opportunities
- About us
- Start an English or maths course: book a free assessment
From beginners to GCSE English and maths
Improving your maths and English will give you important skills for life. Good communication and maths skills are highly valued by employers.
Learn skills that will help you at work and every day: take an English or maths course with us.
Our general courses include English and Maths Functional Skills, GCSE and non-accredited study.
Get a qualification: Most jobs need you to have a nationally recognised qualification. Our Functional Skills and GCSE qualifications can help you to get the job you want or apply for a university.
Creative writing provides a great opportunity to improve your writing skills and express yourself clearly and in an artistic way.
English for teaching assistants and childcare supports our learners who are working in schools or with children to improve their English.
Learning with us: Our courses are in-person at a learning location, online or a blend of both online and in-person learning.
English and maths classes
Our courses will provide you with the knowledge, skills and understanding that will enable you to operate confidently, effectively and independently in life and at work.
- Classes are in the day, evenings and Saturdays.
- GCSE courses start in September each year and are available daytime and evening.
All our English and maths courses are FREE from Entry Level to Level 2 including GCSE if:
- you do not already have English or maths GCSE grade A–C; and
- you have lived in the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area (EEA) continuously for 3 years.
You can take our creative writing course for free, or at a lower cost, depending on your circumstances.
What our learners say
‘This course has given me so much confidence and improved my skills and knowledge. It has helped me with my family life and my son’s school life. I can now talk to different people, professionals, teachers and people who are in high positions. To be able to speak up for myself is a big thing for me. I wasn’t able to do that before because I was scared and timid. Now I feel I can.’
Learner, English and Maths Functional Skills
Careers and opportunities
‘English and maths are increasingly a foundation on which all further achievement in education depends and they are critical for work and everyday life.’
Department for Business, Innovation & Skills
Getting a nationally recognised qualification
An English and maths qualification will help you:
- develop the skills required to get into work, get a new job or go to university
- move up to higher level courses including GCSEs, vocational subjects and further education including university courses
- use your English and maths skills effectively in real-life situations
Our experienced tutors teach maths and English at all levels (from beginners to GCSE and higher). They have taught at schools, colleges and other educational institutions. Some of our tutors are examiners for national examination boards.
Start an English or maths course: book a free assessment
- Before you can join an English or maths course, you will need to do a free assessment with us so we can help find the right course for you.
- If you already have a certificate in either English or maths, please bring your certificate to show to the lecturer.
- During your assessment, you can discuss your attendance with the lecturer/assessor.
- Assessments can take up to one hour.
- After your assessment, you will be offered a course that matches your level of English or maths.
To enrol on these courses, please book your free course assessment.