For some courses – especially ones that lead to a formal qualification – you will need to do a free course assessment with us before you can enrol. Don’t worry! Interviews and assessments are not formal tests.
- Subjects where you need an assessment before you can enrol
- Book your free assessment in advance
- What to expect at an assessment
Subjects where you need an assessment before you can enrol
- Business, accounting, finance and enterprise
- Digital skills (ICT)
- English and maths
- English for speakers of other languages (ESOL)
- Hair and beauty
- Health and social care
- Job skills (employability)
- Teaching, education and training
Book your free assessment in advance
To request an assessment:
- complete our online assessment request form;
- phone 020 8496 2974; or
- email us for an assessment appointment (please include your phone number and the subject or course you want to do).
What to expect at an assessment
We will check your English, maths and digital skills. This will let you understand your skill level and help you choose the right course. We can also talk about support to help you to succeed.
We have course assessments on different days. Assessments are either at our learning centres or on-line.
If your assessment is at one of our learning centres, please wear a mask/face covering and follow our Covid-19 safety guidelines.
Assessments at learning centres
- Please arrive on time and without children (they might distract you and others).
- An assessment session could last between one and two hours.
- Please bring any certificates for courses you have studied.