Our courses are free for most people. They are for adults over the age of 19.
Learning with us
Our courses are in-person at a learning location, online or a blend of both online and in-person learning.
Types of courses
We have different types of courses and workshops. For example:
- ‘Taster’ courses introduce you to a new skill
- Qualification courses can take a term or longer. These courses are designed to meet special criteria for exams and assessment at different levels
- Jobs training for both general and specialist work skills
- Specialist courses can lead to a qualification or to skills you need for a certain kind of job. For example, our AAT accounting or our teaching assistant courses.
- Topic-based courses focus on teaching you how to use a specific kind of software or tool to achieve a goal. For example, social media for business.
You can start with a ‘taster’ course or workshop and decide to do a longer-term qualification or specialist course.
On some of our courses you can gain a qualification accredited by nationally recognised awarding bodies.
Awarding bodies include City & Guilds, Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT), Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education (CACHE), Small Firms Enterprise Development Initiative Awards (SFEDI), Pearson Edexcel, NCFE and Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
Your health and learning needs: additional support
If you have a health concern or disability that could affect your learning, please let us know. We want you to get the most out of our courses and training. If you are worried about learning with us, please ask our staff for advice. Read more about additional assessments and how we can support you.
Free course assessment: find your fit
Not sure which course to join? Don’t worry if you’re not sure what level you’re at, or which skills you need. Our experienced staff will provide you with information to help you make a decision.
For most of our courses, you will need to do a course assessment before you can enrol. During your assessment, our team will discuss your needs with you to help you make the learning choices that suit you best.
We get funding from the government. This funding means we can offer courses to most learners for free or at a discount. Our courses have different fees depending on your circumstances and the course(s) that you want to do.